How To Bless Your Missionaries
- Write them letters! Tell them good news from home and how you are praying for them.
- Collect daily newspapers and current magazines they may enjoy and mail them overseas.
- Send dry foods that are difficult to purchase overseas. Ask what they may enjoy, and how you can help them avoid large customs charges.
- Have a party! Have everyone bring some item the missionaries enjoy, and then ship the items to them.
- While on furlough, volunteer to care for their children, so they can have time alone.
- Send cards on birthdays and anniversaries. Remember them at Christmas!
- Send worship CDs and Christian books that they may not be able to get overseas.
- Make audio & videotapes of your family and/or church family. Send the tapes to them.
- Put together a puzzle, and have people sign their names and give well wishes. Then break it apart and mail the pieces to them.
- Pray for them and seek new ways to intercede via email, phone calls, and letters.
Voice of the Martyrs
Perspectives Study Program
Recommended Reading for Adults:
- Bruchko by Bruce Olson
- Jerusalem to Irian Jaya by Ruth Tucker
- Through the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliott
- Don't Let the Goats Eat the Loquat Trees by Thomas Hale
- Eternity in Their Hearts by Don Richardson
- Operation World by Patrick Johnstone
- Peace Child by Don Richardson
- Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliott
Recommended Reading For Children:
- From Arapesh to Zuni: A Book of Bibleless Peoples by Karen Lewis
- Window on the World by Daphne Spraggett with Jill Johnstone